Monday, July 25, 2011

Reflection

I always knew direct communication was my forte (go email! telephone! and especially.... in person!) and so it was with a little trepidation that I stuck my toes into the world of social networking this semester.  

I have to say, while I don't think I have become a convert, I do feel I have a greater understanding of social networking, a clearer picture of its' benefits and many uses, and my comfort zone around the use of Facebook, Twitter, and other forms of social media has expanded exponentially in these last few weeks of this short summer semester.

As I prepare to become a librarian, this knowledge is invaluable, especially I should think as I hope to work with youth, and in many instances, the way they communicate and receive news and information is primarily accomplished through use of various forms of social media.

Now, to work on my texting....

No comments:

Post a Comment